Welcome to Kick around the Clock
Thank you for being on board for this 3v3 soccer party.
We are excited to host you and your teams at our new site: Ignit Sports & Fitness.
WHY ARE WE DOING THIS?
- Kick around the Clock is a FUN-focused event hosted by the Des Moines Menace. Our goal is to help our guests create some awesome memories while playing some fast-paced soccer during the winter months – sometimes during crazy hours through the night.
- We are trying to remind kids, parents and coaches (and ourselves) to not take things too seriously. Like in the past, we have team contests for Best Team Name, Coolest Uniforms, Craziest Hair, and Sportsmanship (Kindness Counts!).
- This year, we’ve done away with the “Championship” matches for each age group. Based on three pool-play matches, the top team in each bracket gets a giant chocolate-chip cookie. No medals, no trophies, just a lot of quick-touch, 3v3 soccer in a fun, safe and relaxed setting!
- The schedules are available under the “MESSAGE CENTER” box on the left column of the homepage, or by clicking on the “SCHEDULES” link at the top of this page.
- My apologies to teams in those divisions whose schedules do not fully match up with the tentative schedules I communicated in a previous email. Thanks for your understanding and your flexibility!
- Games are 25 minutes each, and we’ll be starting them every half hour, to the best of our abilities. We’re asking for your help to keep on this tight schedule. Players need to be ready to step on the field ready to play each game, on time.
- Thanks to the Polar Bears (4th-Grade Boys), the Dolphins (8th-Grade Boys) and Ballard (High School Boys) for helping round out the brackets.
- Please review the official rules.
- During each game, each team is allowed no more than 2 coaches (non-players) to be with the team on the sideline or in the area next to the playing field.
- If this is your first time visiting the new Ignit Sports & Fitness, you might want to check out the map on the "FIELDS" page, linked above.
- The address is 200 SE 37th Street, Suite 200 – Grimes, IA 50111.
- There are two identical warehouse buildings, and Ignit is in the building that’s to the East.
- Please check in at least 30 minutes before your first game.
- Please hand in your copies of the Waiver/Roster Form (available on the "Check-In" page linked above) and show proof of age for each participant. More check-in details can be found here.
- For proof of age, you do not need a special form. We accept any documents or ID cards that show your players are not over-age for their respective age groups. You can use birth certificates, school IDs, soccer player passes, passports, driver’s licenses…And paper copies are acceptable. We only need to see the proof of age, and we will not be holding on to any of these items.
WHAT TO WEAR
- When possible, players should carry, not wear, their playing shoes into the building.
- Players can wear cleats or tennis shoes on Ignit’s turf fields.
- Shinguards are required.
- Ignit is a heated facility. Most players will be comfortable wearing shorts and short sleeves.
- All jerseys on a team must be alike in color; In the event of a color conflict, the home team is responsible for furnishing an alternate color. Jerseys do not need to be numbered.
WHAT TO BRING / WHAT NOT TO BRING
- The visiting team provides the game ball, which can be a futsal ball or an outdoor ball. Size 4 for Grades 2-5; Size 5 for Grades 6-12.
- In the event of uniform conflicts, the home team is responsible for changing shirts. We suggest teams have “bibs” on hand, if they don’t have alternate jerseys.
- Please follow Ignit’s policy of “No outside food is allowed in the facility.”
- And please, do not chew gum inside the facility.
- Each of the three fields will have chairs for spectators.
- We ask all visitors to wipe off their shoes upon entering the building.
- There is no admission charge (for any spectators or participants) during the event.
- Parking is limited, so please car-pool if possible.
- Drivers should plan on walking a considerable distance from their parking spot to the main entrance.
- There is no charge for parking.
- Teams are invited to spend Friday night at Ignit Sports & Fitness.
- If your team is interested in spending the night, please email Adam Small (Adam.Small@MenaceSoccer.com) by this coming Wednesday (January 31st) to RSVP.
- Ignit requires that each team staying overnight has at least one responsible adult chaperone.
- If spending the night at Ignit, please bring your own bedding (sleeping bags, air mattresses, pillows, blankets).
- Lights will go out at 3 a.m.
- Shower facilities are available for those who bring their own supplies, including towels.
MERCHANDISE & CONCESSIONS
- Fine Designs will be on-site with custom apparel, available Friday night from 7 to midnight, and Saturday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. and 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Ignit Sports & Fitness will be operating concessions during the games, with a menu that includes apples, bananas, granola bars, walking tacos, nachos, hot dogs, Hurts donuts, Gatorade, Pepsi products, coffee and hot chocolate.
GIANT CHOCOLATE-CHIP COOKIES
- Our goal is to focus less on the scores, and more on the FUN side of playing soccer indoors when it’s freezing outside. We encourage participants to get in the creative spirit of Kick around the Clock.
- Cookies will be given out for the following awards:
- o Best Team Name
- o Sportsmanship
- o Craziest Hair
- o Coolest Uniforms
- Cookies also go to the top team in each bracket (each pool of three or four teams), based on pool play – Three games, and no championship matches.
Thanks, and please let me know how I can be of service, any time!
Phone: (515) 457-6365 Adam.Small@MenaceSoccer.com